Equal pay is a hot topic right now, especially after the USWNT won the World Cup of Soccer and with democratic presidential candidates joining the conversation. Luckily, remote companies like Tortuga Backpacks are leading the way with innovative...
Equal pay is a hot topic right now, especially after the USWNT won the World Cup of Soccer and with democratic presidential candidates joining the conversation. Luckily, remote companies like Tortuga Backpacks are leading the way with innovative policies to help close the gender pay gap. A recent survey of 2,520 self declared digital nomads revealed a troubling reality: In spite of the other progressive aspects of the digital nomad movement, there were significant and obvious pay gap amongst nomads despite isolating the variables of age, hours worked, education, and job roles between men and women.
In this episode, Kristin talks with Tortuga's Jennifer Sutherland Miller about:
- How she has sustained the digital nomad lifestyle for over 11 years in 50 countries
- How she travels as a digital nomad family with 4 kids
- What it's like to work for a fully remote company
- How pay inequality affects men, women, minorities, and people of all nationalities
- Why wage inequality is a global issue that affects everyone
- How much should people make per hour in the US versus India or Guatemala?
- How individuals and companies can take action now to make more money
Behind the numbers:
Kristin and Tortuga's Jenn have explored these findings in various blog articles:
Learn more about Tortuga Backpacks: https://www.tortugabackpacks.com/
Check out the Tortuga Setout for Women:
Kristin Wilson is an online entrepreneur, writer, speaker, and content creator who has lived and worked in 60+ countries. She coaches people who want to work online and travel through her courses, workshops, and two YouTube channels. She also consults companies in adopting remote work policies.
Support the Podcast:
Connect With Me on Socials: